- About Us
- Get Inspired
Core Connexion is a way of changing our brains, so that it supports our health. We create dance medicine every week, when we show up on the dance floor.
The general benefits of our Core Connexion practice are many – but here are the most important which have been researched by neuroscience:
1. Exercise: Through cardio exercise the “feel good” neurotransmitters and hormones get released in the brain, which lower your stress, make you be able to think more clearly and you feel happier. (“Spark”, John J. Ratey, MD)
2. Community: Being with others, people that you like, feel safe with, have a common goal and practice is healing. Wellness is contagious. Mirror neurons help us to “heal” each other. And being together in a bodily way – involving movement and touch helps to connect to our right hemispheres and also release hormones/neurotransmitters that make you feel good and connected with your fellow humans and life. (Zeit Magazin, April 2009) “We are energy beings connected to the energy all around us through the consciousness of our right brain hemispheres as one human family.” (Jill Bolte Taylor,”My stroke of insight”)
3. Conscious dance and body awareness help you re-inhabit you body and notice who, where and how you are. You become present in the NOW. (“If you know what you are doing, you can do what you want.” - Moshe Feldenkrais)
4. Core Resourcing: Inner resources, that have been forgotten, can be remembered and anchored in the bodily experience. Practicing those resources on a regular basis will rewire the brain towards love, happiness and wisdom instead of automatic responses, which often come out of experiences of survival. (Rick Hanson,” The Buddha’s Brain”)
5. The connection to our Core and our wellness: A balanced brain
Through movement, music, imagery, awareness of body and space, participants activate the right sides of their brains. This side of our brains taps in the perception of the present moment, and the connection of everything – the core experience.
The left side of our brains thinks in language versus imagery and sensation. It analyses everything according to past and future. The left brain also perceives us as a separate entity from everything else. Both sides of our brains and both ways of perception are important for our lives. But in our society we don’t use our brains in a balanced way. We often overuse our left brains. By stepping into the right side of our brains, we can uncover the feelings of well-being and peace that are so often sidetracked by our own (left brain) brain chatter.
Left brain activities are weaved through the sessions also, so that we can anchor and integrate our right hemisphere experiences with our left brain understanding.
“ Right here, right now I can step into the consciousness of my right hemisphere where we are, I am the life force power of the universe. At one with all that is. Or I can choose to step in to the consciousness of my left hemisphere, where I become a single individual, a solid, separate from the flow, separate from you… the more time we spend choosing to run the deep inner peace circuitry of our right hemispheres, the more peace we will project into the word, and the more peaceful our planet will be.”(Jill Bolte Taylor,”My stroke of insight”)
6. Creativity: Trying out new ways of moving, relating and centering yourself will boost your general creativity in life and activate your right side of the brain.